Here's how to buy CBD online
For a few years now, CBD has been growing in popularity, thanks to its numerous benefits. And it is not uncommon to find a physical store near your home. But not everyone wants to buy its products in a store, and some prefer to turn to a shop on the internet to get more information on the products (flowers, oil, resins, candies, etc.), but also to be able to consult the opinions of other customers. Before these purchases, some questions arise: Can we legally buy CBD online? What are the authorized CBD products? What are the advantages of buying online ? How to choose the right products? Here are all our answers !
Is it legal to buy CBD online ?
No mystery, the answer is : YES, it is perfectly legal to buy CBD online. However, we recommend that you pay particular attention to the legislation of the country you are in, and the country in which you make your purchase, if it is not the same as your country of residence. Indeed, the legislation can vary from one country to another, even within the European Union.
- France has long been confusing about the consumption and sale of CBD, and more specifically hemp flowers. Indeed, if CBD products such as oils, infusions or candies not exceeding a THC (Δ-9-tetrahydrocannabinol) level of 0.2% were legal in France, the sale of flowers posed a problem, as it is very complicated for the authorities to differentiate between CBD flowers and recreational cannabis flowers. Finally the Council of State ratified the authorization of the sale of CBD flowers, to the great displeasure of the authorities. Today, in France, all CBD products must have a THC level lower than 0.2% to be offered for purchase.
- Like France, most European countries limit the amount of THC to 0.2% with a few exceptions
- In Italy, as in the Czech Republic, CBD (cannabidiol) products can contain up to 0.6% THC
- Finally, Switzerland is the most tolerant country, accepting the sale of products containing up to 1% of Δ-9-tetrahydrocannabinol.
But all this should change soon, since the European Parliament voted in October 2020 in favor of the motion championed by the European Industrial Hemp Association (EIHA), which has been calling for an increase in the THC limit to 0.3% for many years. Like any decision at the European level, it takes some time before each country implements the new legislation. Patience therefore, to those who are waiting for this change.
Let's summarize all this information
The purchase and sale of CBD products is legal in EuropeCBD can be sold in different forms, flowers, oil, infusion, candy, etc..The amount of THC allowed varies from country to country, and in most countries it must not exceed 0.2%.
What is the difference between THC and CBD
We have mentioned CBD and THC many times since the beginning of this article, but what exactly is it ?
To understand it, we must first explain to you what cannabis is. Indeed, cannabis is not a single plant, but a family of plants, counting 3 varieties:
- Cannabis Sativa or industrial hemp which has a very high concentration of CBD (cannabidiol), and a negligible amount of Δ-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (less than 0.2%)
- Cannabis Indica, high in THC, and low in CBD
- Cannabis Ruderalis, low in both CBD and THC
The two most common varieties of cannabis are Cannabis Sativa, used in the production of CBD and many other products, and Cannabis Indica, grown illegally for recreational use.
CBD and THC are therefore 2 molecules that are found in varying quantities depending on the variety of cannabis. These 2 molecules are part of the cannabinoid family. There are more than 142 cannabinoids in these plants, they are found in the flowers and the leaves adjacent to them.
From its full name Δ-9-tetrahydrocannabinol, has strongly psychoactive effects that will modify certain physiological and biochemical processes in the brain. These effects can cause a change in mood, perception, but also change the state of consciousness of the consumer. This is why Indica cannabis is prohibited.
CBD is the acronym of cannabidiol, it is a cannabinoid that arouses great interest from the scientific community as its therapeutic potential seems important, moreover it has the advantage of not being psychoactive unlike Δ-9-tetrahydrocannabinol. Cannabidiol has very interesting effects on health. It is mainly used for its properties :
- Relaxing, allowing to fight against stress and anxiety
- Sleep aid, CBD allows a longer and deeper sleep
How to choose your CBD on the internet ?
Buying cannabidiol products on the internet has many advantages, since you can find a detailed description of each product you consult, which is not always the case in physical stores. In addition, the many customer reviews can help you make the right choice in front of the long list of items offered.
- CBD oil : the big star of CBD, it is very convenient to use, a graduated pipette allows you to take with precision the dose of cannabidiol according to your needs. The drops are placed under the tongue for better absorption by the body. The bottles of CBD oil are available in different formats, to adapt to all situations.
- CBD gummies : to always have on hand, CBD gummies are perfect in case of hard knocks or fatigue during your day.
- CBD flowers : they are used in herbal tea or smoked. Unfortunately, flowers alone contain much less CBD than oil or gum.
- CBD balms : they are a precious ally to fight muscular or articular pains in local application. They can also help in case of skin problems or shocks.
- E-liquids : are a concentrate of oil to inhale. Unfortunately it is often difficult to know all the components of these liquids at the time of purchase. This is why we do not necessarily recommend this method of absorption.
Here are 3 important criteria when buying your CBD products on the internet
What is the extraction process ?
There are several extraction processes for CBD :
- Solvent extraction : Very inexpensive this method of extraction of CBD is to avoid. Solvent extraction (isopropyl alcohol, butane, propane, ethanol), regularly leaves residues in the finished product. We have a completely unfavorable opinion on this oil, and we advise you against buying it.
- The extraction of CBD by vegetable oil : The cannabidiol is extracted from the flower thanks to a vegetable oil (hemp oil, olive oil, sesame oil). The CBD will take advantage of the nutritional properties of each of these oils, however this method is not very effective, and the product obtained is relatively poor in active principle.
- Supercritical CO2 extraction : This method is the most expensive, but also the cleanest. It is used since the early eighties in various industries, food, cosmetics, and pharmaceutical. It allows to isolate, and to extract with a remarkable precision, the desired molecule(s) while keeping all its properties. The extraction temperature is low, the molecules sensitive to heat such as phytocannabinoids (CBD, CBG, etc.), and terpenes are therefore preserved. The quality of the oil obtained by this process is formidable compared to other methods, because the product is pure. This is the only method we recommend.
What is the origin of hemp (cannabis) ?
It is important to know the origin of the hemp used to produce CBD for several reasons :
- Depending on the country where the hemp is cultivated, the legislation on sanitary products can vary, so potentially carcinogenic products could be used. It is for these reasons that we recommend products grown in the USA and Europe.
- The quality of the soil is another important parameter. Hemp needs a rich soil to produce beautiful flowers rich in CBD.
- Is hemp organic ? In order to reduce soil pollution, and for general health reasons, we recommend choosing an organic product.
Is your CBD broad spectrum ?
Today, in France, Switzerland and all over Europe, you can find a multitude of CBD products, gums, balms, oils, etc. The merchants never lack ideas to innovate, and when buying, it is sometimes complicated to make a choice in front of all the items offered. Do not fall into the trap of buying a cheap product, and be careful, always looking to see if your CBD oil is broad spectrum, you will then fully enjoy the effect of surrounding. Known in herbal medicine, the entourage effect refers to the synergy of all the substances contained in the hemp plant (Cannabis Sativa), the cannabinoids (CBD, CBG, CBN, etc.), but also the flavonoids and terpenes. This set working for better therapeutic effects.
Now you know all about cannabidiol! We wish you to take full advantage of the remarkable effects of CBD.