All the news about CBD and cannabis with Kannabay.
On this page Kannabay wants to offer you the latest news on CBD, and cannabis in general, in real time.
We offer you here, the latest information in a clear and detailed format, to understand everything about the issues raised by cannabis.
The important notions to understand everything around CBD and cannabis :
Cannabis is not only recreational cannabis. Indeed, Cannabis is a botanical genus that includes several subspecies :
- Cannabis Sativa or Industrial Hemp, is a variety of cannabis whose cultivation is booming thanks to its many applications, including of course the production of CBD (cannabidiol). To be legally cultivated, hemp must have a THC level of less than 0.2%, which is negligible.
- Cannabis Indica, or marijuana is a variety of cannabis very rich in THC, sometimes up to 30%. It is used in the production of recreational cannabis because of its psychotropic properties. This plant is illegal in most countries of the world. However, many states are paving the way for its conditional legalization.
- Cannabis Ruderalis : this subspecies grows in eastern Eurasia and is harvested for its fiber. It is low in psychotropic effects.
CBD (cannabidiol) is a non-psychotropic organic molecule of the cannabinoid family, used medically to treat a wide variety of conditions including inflammation, anxiety, pain, nausea. It is also believed to have great potential in the treatment of epilepsy, depression, schizophrenia, and autism spectrum disorders.
THC (Δ-9-tetrahydrocannabinol) is also a member of the cannabinoid family. Discovered in 1964 by Professor Mechoulam, it has highly psychoactive properties, which are the main reason for its recreational use. Its consumption causes a euphoric effect, a decrease of the anxiety and the vigilance. It can also increase sociability and self-confidence, sometimes leading to dangerous behavior for the consumer or the people around him. Its culture and its consumption are illegal in many countries.
Cannabinoids are molecules with the ability to activate cannabinoid receptors present in the human body and in all other mammals. The most famous cannabinoids are CBD (cannabidiol) and THC, but there are more than a hundred, including CBG, CBN, CBL, etc. There are three kinds of cannabinoids :
- Endogenous cannabinoids, or endocannabinoids, which are produced by the body of mammals (including humans).
- Plant cannabinoids, or phytocannabinoids, typically CBD from hemp for example.
- Synthetic cannabinoids, manufactured in a laboratory.
Legal and non-legal ?
- The marketing and consumption of CBD is legal in Europe, the United States, and in most countries around the world.
- Conversely, the marketing and consumption of THC is prohibited in France and in most European countries.