What are the effects of CBD?
You've probably heard of it, for a few months now cannabidiol, more commonly known as CBD, has been on everyone's lips, and articles about it are flourishing on the web. CBD oil is said to support the immune system, reduce pain and anxiety, improve sleep, and much more. So what are the real health effects of CBD oil ?
Cannabis and hemp, what is the difference ?
None, there is no difference between cannabis and hemp, it is exactly the same plant. Cannabis is a botanical genus with 3 subspecies :
- Cannabis Sativa also called industrial hemp rich in CBD, very low in THC (less than 0.2% according to the law)
- Cannabis Indica, low in CBD, and very high in THC
- Cannabis Ruderalis, low in CBD and THC
It is thus from Cannabis Sativa or industrial hemp that CBD (cannabidiol) is extracted. This beautiful plant, which measures up to 6 meters in height, contains a large number of molecules, called cannabinoids, and among them is the cannabinoid that interests us, the famous cannabidiol or CBD. But before talking about it, let's linger for a moment on another cannabinoid no less famous, the famous THC. The tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC is a cannabinoid well known to the general public, as well as to the legislator, because its consumption causes many side effects on the nervous system, called psychotropic effects, which is why its consumption and marketing are prohibited in many countries. CBD (cannabidiol), on the other hand, does not cause any psychotropic effects, so its consumption is perfectly legal.
The therapeutic applications of CBD are numerous, many studies have confirmed the effects produced by CBD oil.
- The relaxing effects of CBD oil, produce an anxiolytic action without side effects such as drowsiness or loss of attention. The regular consumption of CBD, allows people suffering from stress or anxiety, to relax while remaining efficient.
- Cannabidiol (CBD) reduces pain. Some patients successfully use CBD to relieve their body. Several studies have shown the important benefits of pain treatment with CBD oil, sometimes even allowing to reduce or stop certain medications (always in agreement with the doctor or the medical profession).
- CBD helps you sleep better. Scientific studies have shown that the effects of CBD allow a deeper and longer sleep.
- CBD has anti-epileptic effects as shown in several studies. Epilepsy patients who have benefited from cannabidiol have also reported improved sleep, mood and alertness.
- The quality of life of people suffering from Parkinson's disease would be improved with a daily dose of CBD hemp oil in addition to the usual treatment.
- CBD would be a fast acting antidepressant. Recent studies have shown on the mouse model an antidepressant effect by fixing CBD on certain receptors of the cerebral cortex.
- Cannabidiol (CBD) has shown great benefits in people with schizophrenia. They saw the number of delirious phases and hallucinations decrease significantly.
- An interesting reduction of nausea and vomiting was observed in patients undergoing chemotherapy. CBD was administered in addition to the usual drugs.
As we have seen, the applications of CBD are numerous, and its effects on health (body and mind) are promising. You will find in the Applications section many other situations where CBD oil based products can be useful as a complement or not, of another treatment.
How and when to take your CBD oil ?
According to your desire and your life imperatives, you can take your dose of CBD in one or two daily takes (s) away from meals. For example in the morning when you wake up, 15 minutes before your breakfast if you take one, or in the evening 15 to 30 minutes before your dinner. Shake lightly your CBD oil vial, and thanks to the graduated pipette put 1 ml of liquid under your tongue (0,5 ml x 2, if you take your CBD in the morning and in the evening), and let it rest 1 to 2 minutes, then swallow. It is very simple !