CBD, Nausea & Vomiting
CBD, the natural solution
Everybody has experienced this unpleasant stomach sensation, and this even more unpleasant urge to vomit. Nausea and vomiting are most commonly associated with mild illnesses. Let's discover together how to react and how to make these "highs the heart" pass.
Nausea and vomiting are extremely unpleasant symptoms that can be caused by many illnesses or situations. A few hours or days are usually enough to see them disappear. What is the difference between nausea and vomiting ?
- Nausea : Nausea comes from the ancient Greek and means "ship". It is easy to understand why. It is a state of discomfort, sometimes accompanied by stomach contractions and a desire to vomit.
- Vomiting is the expulsion of stomach contents through the mouth. It is a protective reflex of the organism in order to protect itself from toxic substances.
The two phenomena are often linked, although it is possible to have nausea without necessarily being accompanied by vomiting, and vice versa. Sometimes, other symptoms are also involved.
- Increased heart rate
- High Heart
What are the causes ?
Most often, the causes of nausea and vomiting are not serious.
- Gastroenteritis and food poisoning are the most common causes. Especially during the winter period between November and March.
- Alcohol or food abuse
- When travelling by vehicle (boat, car, winding road, etc.)
- A migraine episode.
Be careful, vomiting can also signal a serious illness.
- Intestinal Occlusion
Immediately call for help if you are in doubt.
When nausea and vomiting continue...
When the duration of vomiting exceeds several days, other explanations are possible :
- Pregnancy : about half of the women experience nausea and vomiting during the first 3 months.
- Stress and anxiety can cause vomiting.
- Food, when a person is intolerant to certain foods.
CBD, nausea and vomiting
CBD is a cannabinoid derived from industrial hemp (Cannabis Sativa), known for its therapeutic effects in many areas. CBD, does not contain THC, it has no psychotropic effects (Cannabis Indica). CBD (Cannabidiol) is usually presented in the form of CBD oil, making it very easy to consume. For many years now, cannabis in general and CBD in particular have been the subject of much research. Here are some of the research studies concerning the use of CBD (cannabidiol) in the treatment of nausea and vomiting :
- A study published in 2012 and confirmed by another one in 2013 showed that CBD has a potential to reduce nausea and vomiting of various origins. (Rock et al.)
- In 2013, the same team demonstrated that CBD taken at the same time as Metoclopramide reinforces its effects in rats.
- Another study, in shrews, showed that CBD and CBDA combined were more effective than any other molecule alone (Rock et al.).